Mercury News Sole Endorsement for Harbir K Bhatia Santa Clara City Council District 1
Bhatia is one of the most impressive council candidates in Santa Clara in years.
…..Her opponent [Kathy] refused to meet with us. Read full story here
Santa Clara has been my home for the last 15+ years and it has been a place to be much proud of! It’s in a unique location – surrounded by amazing companies of innovation, home to highly skilled and talented residents new and old, has a rich heritage and diverse cultures, a variety of places and treasures to enjoy, and so much more! I have a vision of Santa Clara that is enriched, inclusive, engaged, thriving, and provides a sustainable and brighter future for all. I want to represent the people and ensure we make better choices to create this future, where our city can focus on providing a better quality of life.
However, many of the past actions and decisions have created a not-so-rosy future for us. The city of Santa Clara has a small-town feel but has faced big-city problems for the last decade and poor plans for the future. Here is a partial list:
- Financial Health and Budget: Deficit of $34Million over the next few years.
- Limited revenue streams, expensive lawsuits and poor decisions.
- Poor tourism and marketing appeal
- Poor planning for funding services now, and planning for the future
- Continue Reading More…
Latest News and Updates
FALSE CLAIM: That I have taken money from 49ers OR Jed York
CHECK out the Form 460 (which is public record) which shows all the donors to my campaign (and all candidate campaigns)
- Enter my name Harbir
- Public record for all candidates is available for all to see. Don’t be fooled by fake mailers or claims that are trying to claim otherwise. They are all trying to misdirect voters.
- I believe #transparency is important in public service!
Since 2018, when we were elected to Santa Clara’s City Council, our council majority has made decisions that have cost taxpayers millions of dollars.Read More
Santa Clara, CA 95054 United States