1. Sustainable Future: Infrastructure investment; economic growth and recovery; better budgeting and planning: climate solutions and opportunities; digital transformation; improved decision making through analysis, forecasting, and transparency (not backroom deals), creating more revenue and value from Levi’s Stadium by working with the public; and better planning of the city and new developments, especially for District 1, which is the need of the hour.
2. Quality of Life: I want to work towards ensuring affordable housing for youth, essential services providers, seniors, and low-income communities; creation of new jobs and workforce retraining; traffic management, public safety, nurturing a community for the kids to grow and seniors to enjoy, education; revitalization of the city, and diverse programming at the city level
3. Community Collaboration and Engagement: We need more transparency and access to the government for the public, greater community awareness about the choices and decisions being made by our representatives, greater inclusion of broader community and minority voices and expertise, partnerships with local corporations to solve problems with innovation and funding. We also need to build a pipeline of future leaders and groom our youth to be future leaders.
- GOVERNANCE: Better transparency, access, operations, and decision making
- FUTURE LEADERS: Build a pipeline of future leaders through engagement and projects, especially our youth
During these times of COVID, we will need to adjust and find new ways in the short term. The residents will need support and opportunities more than ever before. It will be our responsibility to find ways to reduce burdens on the residents and increase resources and tools through greater collaboration.
I would love to see mini destinations throughout Santa Clara. A revitalized downtown, happening uptown with more programming, celebrations of the community through the city, more people walking and biking, small public spaces activated with varied art and cultural initiatives, more gardens of fruits and veggies around, and nurturing environment for children to grown and seniors to enjoy. Places for parents and grandparents to work or relax as children play safely. Companies supporting the local neighborhoods and uplifting the community!
I believe many things can become a reality by working together with the people and the companies in the city. The new way is openness, collaboration, innovation, and creating high-quality experiences! All it takes is the power of the community, the power of the people!